<멋진 하루> 'My Dear Enemy' Movie Review

 



  As a big fan of actress Jeon Do-yeon, I've always wanted to watch this movie, since she acknowledged this one as her favorite film she appeared in. I wondered why, since this film isn't as famous as her other movies like <Secret Sunshine> and <The Housemaid>. But after finally seeing <My Dear Enemy>, it actually became my favorite as well!

  The title of this movie made me feel confused before seeing the movie. The Korean title is <Great Day>, whereas the English title is <My Dear Enemy>. I wondered, did they really have make the title so different? But after seeing the movie, those two titles actually felt similar. They give off a certain vibe, and I figured that maybe the director wanted to preserve that vibe in two ways. After all, I noticed, 'great' and 'dear' are not so different.

  The movie stars two top star actors; Jeon Do-yeon and Ha Jung-woo. Without them, the movie might have been a complete fiasco. Because their acting was so so impeccable! They act as ex-lovers, and the day begins when Jeon Do-yeon comes to see Ha Jung-woo to retrieve the money that he had borrowed from her a year ago. As the day goes on, many things occur, and it was a surprise that a day felt so long and short at the same time; the day really was a great one.

  Since it is a low budget movie, the movie isn't famous much. But if people ask me now what my favorite Jeon Do-yeon movie is, I would say <My Dear Enemy>. It was that special. The movie showed a probable day, but the day had it's own singularity and vitality. When the stars finally came out in the night sky, everything was never the same. 

P.S. Now I'm excited that Jeon Do-yeon's new tv show, <Crash Course in Romance>, starts tomorrow:)

Review: Out of ordinary.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<더 문> 'The Moon' Movie Review

<소울메이트> 'Soulmate' Movie Review

<밀수> 'Smugglers' Movie Review