<고양이를 부탁해> 'Take Care of My Cat' Movie Review

       

  If I were to choose only one Korean movie, I would choose this one, <Take Care of My Cat>(2001). It is the most special to me. Thanks to this movie, I got to experience personally life-changing events that I will surely cherish for my entire life. 

  In 2021, the movie reopened in theaters after a 4K remastering. As a big fan of actress Bae Doona, I went to the movies. And what I witnessed was something odd. To begin with, the story was odd. There was no romance, no thrill, no comedy, no pity in it. It was a first. The music was odd, too. Feeling doubtful about what I just watched for 2 hours, not knowing what should have been felt from it, I remember walking out of the theatre dumbfounded. 

  Then by chance, I got to watch <Take Care of My Cat> again. And I wasn't dumbfounded at all this time; I was dumbstruck. Because the movie mesmerized me. Enchanted me. It was truly a magical moment. I had a realization that movies don't need a formula. There is no rule. And this one totally deviated from the norm. That was why I was disappointed with it the first time I watched it; it wasn't normal. But then I realized as I got used to the movie, it turned out to be a wonder. The story was great. The music was awesome. Everything was perfect.

  I don't want to spoil the fun by introducing what the story is about. Just keep in mind that it's a story of five friends who just came of age. I dare say some of you might not enjoy the film. But I hope the rest of you will have a singular feeling. At least I felt something divine.

Review: The absolute one and only, youth.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<용감한 시민> 'Brave Citizen' Movie Review

<시민덕희> 'Citizen of a Kind' Movie Review

<서울의 봄> '12.12: The Day' Movie Review