<소울메이트> 'Soulmate' Movie Review

  This movie was one that I had been waiting for two months to watch in the theaters. The main reason was because of actress Kim Dami. I loved the tv show, <Our Beloved Summer>, where she starred alongside actor Choi Woo-sik. Their bond was perfect; the drama depicted their fresh romance so heartwarmingly that I was naturally looking forward to Kim's next appearance. And <Soulmate> was the exact movie I was looking forward to; it had everything fully equipped. So, I eagerly rushed to the theaters on the release date, and in the dimly lit space found myself face to face with something more magical than I could ever imagine. 

  The magic between Miso and Haeun begins in 1998, when Miso moves to Haeun's school. It continues until high school of 2004, when a new friend, Jinwoo, comes along. 2010, they each begin their journey as adults. Along the way, fights sometimes occur, but it's okay, maybe, because they will somehow find their way back to each other. Because soulmates can never really be separated. That's what I believe.

  This kind of movie is really hard to come across. The lively fluttering feelings felt only in youth are so soft and special that they have to be painted in just the right tone to flourish. I've seen many movies trying to depict this successfully, but nothing ever came up to my expectations. I felt they were mediocre. But <Soulmate> even exceeded my expectations, and that's a first:) Hence, I recommend this masterpiece to you from the bottom of my heart. 



Review: Finally, the magic I have always been looking for...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<용감한 시민> 'Brave Citizen' Movie Review

<시민덕희> 'Citizen of a Kind' Movie Review

<서울의 봄> '12.12: The Day' Movie Review